Held on Wednesday the 12th of May, 2021 at the Crown Casino in Melbourne, Burgees Rawson were delighted to be offering their latest portfolio of commercial investments to the Australian market.
Featuring properties from New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia and Tasmania, 27 commercial investment properties were placed up for auction.
The portfolio headlined various high profile national tenants, some of which included Hungry Jack's, Australia Post, Officeworks, Mazda and Bendigo Bank.
Over the course of the day, Burgess Rawson achieved an outstanding 96% success rate, selling for a combined total of $100 million.
Over 100 investors and buyers gathered to the much anticipated event, which recorded 156 registered bidders. 26 of whom placed bids over the phone and 14 were registered internet bidders.
Key highlights from the event saw Hungry Jack’s in Port Kennedy (WA) sell 20% ($800,000) above the reserve for $4,800,000, whilst the 16 apartments offered in Albury (NSW) also sold for $2,450,000, amounting to 23% above reserve.
A record yield for regional Officeworks was set after the property sold under the hammer for $10,980,000, thereby achieving a yield of 4.78% and beating the previous yield record of 5.59% that was recorded in Harvey Bay (QLD) in November 2020. Interestingly, after being the underbidder for the childcare centres in both Noble Park and Williams Landing, a determined Hong Kong investor ended up spontaneously purchasing the Truganina childcare investment for $6 million.
In reference to the Tasmanian market, after initially only having 1 bidder on Monday, Nubco hardware in Derwent Park (TAS) saw 7 bidders compete for the investment, which sold 17% above the reserve. Whilst the two other Nubco Hardware stores in Tasmania also achieved convincing selling results. Speaking about the pleasing results in Tasmania, Burgess Rawson sales executive Beau Coulter highlighted that “These [Nubco Hardware stores] were the final 3 of the portfolio for Nubco and we’ve seen national and international eyes on 'Apple Isle' property - It really is the flavour of the month.”
On average, 25 bids were placed per property, whilst The Story House Early Learning Centre in Noble Park impressively attracted 75 bids in just nine minutes, eventually selling for $6,742,000.
Commenting on the buyer activity, Burgess Rawson Director Billy Holderhead said, “The number of registered bidders doubled in the last 24 hours, meaning there was a lot of late interest. The underbidder on Officeworks, Albury (NSW) enquired on Monday night and the buyer from that same property only registered overnight.”
Billy Holderhead also went on to proudly announce that “supply outweighed demand again by six times. These are the same numbers we’ve seen all year, which means on average for every property there were 6 buyers - that’s pretty amazing.”
Burgess Rawson Director Raoul Holderhead summarised the day, declaring that “the market remains super strong. It goes by the old saying ‘quality property will always achieve maximum exposure with super enquiry rates', but across the board we [Burgess Rawson] are achieving incredible results”.
Congratulations to Burgess Rawson on achieving some outstanding results!
Results from Portfolio 144 can be found below:
1. Cellarbrations (Wollert, VIC) - Sold for $1,088,000 (4.55% yield)
2. Blue Tongue Pizza (Wollert, VIC) - Sold for $970,000 (5.35% yield)
3. Nido Early School (Balcatta, WA) - Sold for $4,325,000 (4.99% yield)
4. Hungry Jack’s (Port Kennedy, WA) - Sold for $4,800,000 (4.17% yield)
5. Officeworks (Albury, NSW) - Sold for $10,950,000 (4.79% yield)
6. Story House Early Learning (Noble Park, VIC) - Sold for $6,742,000 (4.78 yield)
7. Explorers Early Learning (Williams Landing, VIC) - Sold for $10,980,000 (4.75% yield)
8. One Early Education Group (Truganina, VIC) - Sold for $6,000,000 (4.91% yield)
9. Australia Post (Bendigo, VIC) - Sold for $6,375,000 (5.05% yield)
10. Taco Bill (Hawthorn, VIC) - Sold for $1,075,000 (3.98 yield)
11. Hogs Breath + Baskin Robins (Morayfield, QLD) - Sold for $6,400,000 (6.07% yield)
12. O’Malley’s Tavern (Mooloolaba, QLD) - Sold for $4,908,000 (6.47% yield)
13. Industrial (Shepparton, VIC) - Sold for $4,490,000 (5.68% yield)
14. Victoria State Government (Shepparton, VIC) - Sold for $2,120,000 (5.98% yield)
15. InterHealthcare (Sale, VIC) - Sold for $1,165,000 (4.66% yield)
16. Nubco Hardware (Derwent Park, TAS) - Sold for $3,740,000 (4.84% yield)
17. Nubco Hardware (Invermay, TAS) - Sold for $3,515,000 (5.79% yield)
18. Nubco Hardware (Devonport, TAS) - Sold for $2,250,000 (7.26% yield)
19. GP Glass (Spreyton, TAS) - Sold for $2,035,000 (6.44% yield)
20. Retail + Office Complex (Leongatha, VIC) - Sold for $895,000 (6.96%)
21. 16 Apartments (Albury, NSW) - Sold for $2,450,000 (5.32% yield)
22. Bendigo Bank + Retail (Kyabram, VIC) - Sold for $1,010,000 (10.72% yield)
23. Victoria State Government (South Morang, VIC) - Passed in
24. Mazda (Warrnambool, VIC) - Sold prior for $5,220,000 (8.24% yield)
25. Malaysian Cafe Restaurant (Truganina, VIC) - Sold prior for $1,100,000 (5.25% yield)
26. Goodstart Early Learning (Manuda, QLD) - Sold prior for $2,510,000 (6.21% yield)
27. Shell/Viva Energy (Morwell, VIC) - Sold Prior for $2,890,000 (6.49% yield)
Keep an eye out for Burgess Rawson’s 145th Portfolio Auction Event on June 23rd.